WEBINAR TIL ARCHITECTURE: a webinar to prepare for the test!
Watch the Webinar recording of the July 11. in which you will find the presentation of the Bachelor’s Degree programme of Architecture and the structure of the TIL-A as stated in the Call for Admission.
Watch the Webinar recording of the July 11 "Modalities and strategies to adopt to better prepare yourself to the admission test" At this occasion, the presentation of the Bachelor's Degree programme in Italian and English language, details were provided for a successful TIL And the rules to be followed as the Call for Applications!
To watch the recording of the Webinar again click here!
Academic Year 2023/24
On May 8, 2023, the MUR published the Ministerial Decree for the Definizione delle modalità e dei contenuti delle prove di ammissione al corso di laurea e laurea magistrale a ciclo unico direttamente finalizzato alla formazione di Architetto (lingua italiana e lingua inglese) a.a. 2023/2024, which explains details and modalities for the admission test.
More informations are published in Ministerial Decree No. 451 of May 8, 2023 and its annexes.
The Call for Applications for Admissions of Architettura/Architecture will be published in English as soon as possible. Please note that the Italian version shall constitute the sole authentic text and will be referred to for any legal matter.
|TIL test date||Online Registration Timeframe||Procedure for taking the TIL-A|
25 July 2023
From Monday 29 May
up to 2 p.m. (Italian time) of Tuesday 18 July 2023
|online TIL test|
The test will be held exclusively online, in remote mode.
All details can be found in the Call for Applications for Admissions.
For the admission test applicants had 100 minutes to answer 50 questions. Questions were divided in 5 sections covering 5 different disciplines. The number of questions are organized as follows:
- 10 Reading comprehension questions
- 10 Prior school knowledge, History (including art history) and General Knowledge questions
- 10 Logic reasoning questions
- 10 Drawing and Representation questions
- 10 Mathematics and Physics questions
Each question had 5 possible answers (identified with A,B,C,D,E), only one of which was correct. The score was based on the following criteria:
- 1 point for each correct answer
- A penalty of 0,25 points (-0,25) for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
At the end of the TIL-A test candidates will immediately see the score obtained; the same score will also be available on their personal page of the Apply@Polito platform.
Those who did not provide answers to any questions will not be placed into the ranking list.
In order to book the test, you must register on the Apply platform and fill out all the required data. After the registration to the admission test, the specific registration fee should be paid, respecting the terms and deadlines indicated in the Call for applications for admissions to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura-Architecture 2023/24.
If you want to participate in the TIL-A test, we remind you that under the Apply section named “Select your course” you must necessarily select the degree in Architettura-Architecture.
The score obtained by applicants in the TIL-A test (online admission test – Architecture) is only valid for enrolment in academic year 2023/2024. For this reason, when applicants register for the TIL-A test, they must be attending their last year of high school (i.e. they should be getting their high school diploma in the summer of 2023 according to the Italian school calendar) or they must have already earned their high school diploma.
TIL-A (Test d’Ingresso onLine – Architettura) will be held online remotely.
To participate to the exam the student must have the following appropriate means:
- a desktop or laptop computer (hereinafter referred to as the “device to take the TIL test”) with Windows 10 or higher, or Mac operating system, plugged to the electrical power supply and connected to the Internet, with a video camera and a microphone. On this device applicants must install Google Chrome and another software called “Lockdown Browser” . The instructions for the installation of the Lockdown Browser will be provided on the Apply@polito platform (applicant personal page). This PC will be used for:
- taking the test;
- proctoring the test;
- a stable data network to connect to the Internet from the device to take the TIL test
- a smartphone or tablet (hereinafter referred to as the “proctoring device”), plugged to the electrical power supply and connected to the Internet, with a videocamera. The proctoring device will be used by the Test Supervisors for the identification of applicants and as a further proctoring tool.
- a stable data network to connect to the Internet from the proctoring device (possibly different from the data network used for the device to take the TIL test).
Other requirements can be found in the Annex C of the Call for Admission.
In order to get ready to take the TIL test please consult Annex A of the DM n. 451 del 08/05/2023 called Programmi relativi alla prova di ammissione ai corsi di laurea e di laurea specialistica/magistrale a ciclo unico, direttamente finalizzati alla formazione di Architetto a.a. 2023\2024. The Italian version shall constitute the sole authentic text and will be referred to for any legal matters.
The English translation of the topics indicated of the Annex A of the Ministerial Decree is a support to the student community and has no legal effects
For admission applicants are required to understand and analyse different written texts, have an aptitude to logical-mathematical reasoning, have sufficient general knowledge with special focus on history, geography, social sciences and institutions, design and representation, mathematics and physics. The required skills and knowledge reflect the education offered by high schools that organize teaching in accordance with the National Guidelines for High Schools and with the Guidelines for Technical Schools and Professional School, in preparation for the State Examination for Professional Practice.
The questions intend to assess the applicant’s ability to understand written texts of various kinds in the Italian language and with different communicative purposes. The questions are about scientific or narrative texts by classical or contemporary authors, or current news published in newspapers or texts from general or specialized journals.
The questions seek to test the applicant’s ability to use logical reasoning in a manner consistent with the premises. These premises are set out in symbolic or verbal form and concern cases or problems, including abstract issues, which require different forms of logical reasoning to be solved.
Prior school knowledgeThe questions or even short texts of various types and themes help to verify the applicant’s skills acquired in school and his/her general culture or knowledge of issues that are part of the contemporary public debate. In particular, the questions seek to verify:
- the applicant’s ability to orient himself/herself in space and time, i.e. to contextualise important historical-cultural phenomena in geographical space and historical time, including specific artistic-architectural events, works of architecture or art movements;
- the applicant’s knowledge of the main national and international institutions;
- the applicant’s understanding of legal and economic issues and citizenship.
For non-EU applicants residing abroad:
- general knowledge questions on international issues studied in school or part of the contemporary public debate complete this assessment.
Drawing and RepresentationThe test assesses of the applicant’s ability to analyse graphs, drawings, iconic representations or correspondences with the objects in question. The test also verifies if the applicant has the elementary notions of representation (plans, elevations, axonometric projections).
Mathematics and PhysicsThe test seeks to verify if the applicant masters the following topics:
- Sets of numbers and arithmetic calculation (natural, relative, rational, real numbers; sorting and comparison of numbers; order of magnitude; operations, powers, radicals, logarithms), algebraic calculation, Euclidean geometry (polygons, circumference and circle, measures of lengths, surfaces and volumes, isometry, similarities and equivalences, geometric places), analytic geometry (fundamentals), probability and statistics (fundamentals), elements of trigonometry (fundamentals)
- elementary principles of Mechanics: definition of fundamental physical quantities (displacement, velocity, acceleration, mass, momentum, strength, weight, work and power); law of inertia, Newton’s law and principle of action and reaction), fundamentals of Statics
- elementary notions on the principles of Thermodynamics (general concepts of temperature, heat, specific heat, expansion of materials)
- Basics of Electrostatics and Electrodynamics: Coulomb’s law, field and electric potential, capacitors, capacitors in series and in parallel, direct current, electrical resistance, Ohm’s law, resistors in series and in parallel.
After the registration on the Apply@polito platform, on your personal page you will have at your disposal specific multimedia materials that can help you prepare for the admission test. A test simulator is also available.
The TIL-A results will be published on Tuesday 1 August 2023 with:
- a ranking list of all EU applicants and non-EU applicants residing in Italy
- a ranking list of all non-EU applicants residing abroad
Politecnico di Torino will make an offer of admission to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura/Architecture to the applicants included in the ranking list up to the maximum number of available student places.
Applicants who have not answered any question will not be included on the ranking list.
The ranking lists are made with the following criteria:
- applicants are ranked in descending order based on their TIL-A score;
- in case of equal ranking, the score obtained in the individual sections that make up the TIL-A test shall prevail, considered in the following order: Logic questions, Reading comprehension, design and representation, physics and mathematics, knowledge acquired in the studies, history (including art history) and general knowledge
- In case of a further equal ranking, the younger applicant will be chosen.