Sharing innovation for the region
The University's desire to be an actor at the forefront of socio-economic regional and national development has led, over the years, to developing and articulating different approaches with businesses, depending on the purposes and respective fields of interest and needs.
The new Relationships with Companies and Research Enhancement service increasingly presents itself as a reference point for the economic fabric and does so through a series of services and initiatives devised to facilitate matching between the great wealth of research produced at the university and the innovation needs of the productive world.
Observing the national context, the universities and research centres become key parties in supporting companies, in particular small and medium enterprises, which are not structured to innovate alone. In fact, the so-called “Fourth Industrial Revolution” entails an increasing need, on the part of companies, to generate and adopt innovative processes and products to continue to be competitive.
Maintaining solid relationships with the industrial world and creating new ones is essential in order to create reciprocal opportunities along the whole supply chain: when generating ideas, training, developing technologies, and enhancing industry and the economy.
To respond to corporate needs in resolving even complex problems, Politecnico offers flexible and interdisciplinary research and consultancy services, which rely on top facilities and on the development of human capital, including being able to successfully win funding from European, national, and regional programmes.
The companies, organisations, and associations that feed the region’s economic fabric with their activities discover, in the University, a party open to dialogue and collaboration, which offers multiple opportunities to meet stakeholders' actual needs.
For more information, you can contact
» Research and technologic development
Research, Consulting, Analysis, Proofs and Calibration Agreements
International, European, National and Regional research projects collaborations
Ph.D.: to gain academic and business skills, methodological accuracy in scientific research, creativity, autonomy and the ability to address and solve complex problems
» Spaces and infrastructures
Research & Innovation infrastructures access: scientific tools, resources and services to promote research and innovation involving the industrial stakeholders
Sharing Cittadella Politecnica's spaces, also instituting joint labs
» Staff training
Specializing master's programmes and lifelong learning:
- Advanced Education and Research apprenticeship: an experience based on academic training and company internship to ease high-skilled staff
- Specializing master
- Training and specializing professional courses
- Industrial Ph.D.: a research training focused on project development in collaboration with companies, involving field experts
» Career Services
Job placement: companies have the chance to combine demand/supply to meet their needs and the expertise of PoliTO graduates
Online and on-campus recruiting support
Employer branding actions
Talent acquisition consulting
Communication and networking
Company internships and theses: an information and reception service for internship and/or work requests coming from companies and students/graduates
» Innovation and knowledge exchange
- Development and exploitation of PoliTO research-based technologies (licensing/sale of patents and other property rights)
- Companies support to identify and value intellectual property of research activities developed with PoliTO
- Challenge@PoliTo_by Firms: companies are enabled to share technological challenges with multidisciplinary master-level student teams, to encourage the hiring of creative talents and the creation of innovative solutions
» Social impact
- Multidisciplinary co-design of initiatives, projects, activities on diverse scales
- PoliTO Alumni activities involvement
- Participation to Biennale Tecnologia
- Event organization
» Partnership agreements
- Framework agreements defining the collaboration between PoliTO and companies to develop strategic activities on long-term and diverse fields of action