The “Apprendistato di Alta Formazione e di Ricerca” is an employment contract that has the objective of delivering training and boosting youth employment. It is intended for young people aged 18-29 (Legislative Decree no. 81 of 15th June 2015).The Specializing Master's programmes offered in apprenticeship format offer:
- a high level academic education,in which training periods (in the classroom and in the company) combine with working periods in the company;
- an academic qualification and the simultaneous development of professional skills that can be applied also outside the specific working environment of the company.
The Specializing Master's programmes in the format of “Apprendistato di Alta Formazione e di Ricerca” have a 2-year duration and provide for:
- a joint project between the University and the company/companies;
- before the Specializing Master's programme begins, the company hires the student with an apprenticeship contract, in accordance with art. 45 of Legislative Decree no. 81/2015. As a general rule, the apprenticeship contract duration is equivalent to the duration of the Specializing Master's programme;
- training activities at Politecnico di Torino (lectures and practical classes): approximately 400 hours;
- on-the-job training at the partner company;
- conferral of the final qualification (1st or 2nd level Specializing Master’s diploma), against the minimum attendance required by the training activity.
An apprentice is at the same time a student and an employee of the company which has hired him/her. Should the employment contract be terminated, regardless of the reason, the participation to the Specializing Master's programme will also be interrupted.
More information on the Call for applications
The “Apprendistato di Alta Formazione e di Ricerca” is funded by Regione Piemonte by means of a specific policy on Advanced Education, aiming at enhancing the competitiveness of the socio-economic system of Piemonte and fostering the increase of a qualified demand of knowledge and innovation by private enterprises. The requirements of the Call for applications for the “Apprendistato di Alta Formazione e di Ricerca” are:
- to be recruited by a company with operational headquarters located in Piemonte;
- to be under the age of 30 on the date of recruitment.
All information is available on the website of Regione Piemonte at this link.