If you are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme at another Italian University and you want to continue your studies at Politecnico di Torino, you may ask to transfer to PoliTO.
Before starting any transfer process at your current university, you should consider two different options:
- transfer (congedo): this option is suggested if you have already passed some exams for which you intend to request credit transfer. In this case, the year of your first enrolment is the year when you enrolled in the Italian university system for the first time (years spent at your current university are calculated for your learning path at Politecnico);
- withdrawal from studies (rinuncia agli studi): this option is suggested if you have not taken any exam yet or just a few of them. After withdrawing from your current university, you will be able to enrol as a first-year student at Politecnico di Torino (years spent at your current university are not calculated for your learning path at Politecnico).
We remind you that:
- if you transfer to Politecnico from another university you must earn a minimum of 60 credits including the Final Project at Politecnico di Torino in order to get your Bachelor’s degree;
- if you transfer to Politecnico from another university you must earn a minimum of 50 credits (excluding the thesis credits) at Politecnico di Torino in order to get your Master’s degree;
- transfers are possible between Italian universities only. If you are a student who comes from a non-Italian university, please contact the International Students Office.
For more information please consult the Student Guide by selecting the degree programme you are interested in.