The CUG – Comitato Unico di Garanzia (Single Guarantee Committee) – is a body at the service of all the Politecnico di Torino’s members: lecturers, technical-administrative staff, research fellows, students.
Its function consists in guaranteeing and promoting equal opportunities and enhancing the well-being of each person in work and study, through measures aimed at preventing and opposing all forms of discrimination based on gender and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, personal and political convictions, disability conditions, and age; all this in the exercise of propositional, consultative and verification tasks.
The CUG has its own operating regulations and a six-year term of office. It is a body with an equal composition: in compliance with gender equality, there is a member for each of the most representative trade unions at the University level and an equal number of representatives of the Politecnico identified by the Board of Directors. Also envisaged is the presence of a representative of the student population and of PhD students.
The Chair of the CUG is appointed by the Board of Directors on the Rector’s proposal. In its current term of office, the chairperson is Tania Cerquitelli and the deputy chairperson is Luca Graziani.
The composition of the Body can be found here.
The CUG liaises with the Confidential Counsellor (Consigliera di Fiducia), who is an external advisory and assistance figure for cases of sexual or moral harassment or discriminatory behaviour. It is established pursuant to the Code of Conduct for the Protection of the Dignity of Workers and Students, in force at the University.
- National Conference of the Equality Bodies of Italian Universities
- The National Conference of the Equality Bodies of Italian Universities brings together in a Network the (incumbent) representatives of the University Committees working on Equal Opportunities issues, in order to build systematic inter-university cooperation relations in the areas of competence. Here you can find the Conference newsletters.
- National Network of Single Guarantee Committees (CUGs)
- The “National Network of the Single Guarantee Committees” is a spontaneous network created in 2015 by the chairs of the CUGs of a group of Italian public administrations. The network was set up as a “positive action” to encourage dialogue and joint planning between several administrations with the aim of enhancing the role that the Single Guarantee Committees can play in preventing and combating all forms of discrimination and creating working environments marked by organisational well-being and efficient results. Here you can find the Network’s newsletters and magazines.
- City Network of Single Guarantee Committees (CUGs)
- UN Women’s “HeForShe”
- CESAER international network for gender/gender planning issues
- Un.I.Re. (UNiversità In REte against gender-based violence)