Are you passionate about solving complex problems combining logic and creativity? Do you like the idea of modelling and simulating industrial processes, natural phenomena and socioeconomic systems? Would you like to master the mathematical tools that underlie scientific research and are used in the industry and service sectors?
Join the Master's degree programme in Mathematical Engineering!
You will become a Mathematical Engineer able to:
- select the right mathematical model to use, balancing efficiency, computational complexity and accuracy;
- study simulation results, both qualitatively and quantitatively, while matching them with the observed phenomena;
- simulate numerically natural phenomena, materials behaviour, industrial processes and complex structures behaviours;
- perform statistical data analysis in a variety of contexts: clinical trials, genomic data, market analysis, financial investment, manufacturing experiments, quality control, sentiment analysis, textual data, social surveys, psychological tests;
- use an engineering mindset to understandthe problems involving complex systems with a strong interdisciplinary component, using methodologies offered by the various fields of Applied Mathematics.
Admissions:Uncapped number of students, evaluation of the admission requirements
Degree code:LM-44: MATHEMATICAL MODELLING FOR ENGINEERING
The course of study at Politecnico di Torino is not only a growth on a knowledge level, but also on a personal level. It is a motivating challenge full of satisfaction and new experiences.
Studying mathematical engineering is a way to take pure mathematics and use it concretely in the world around us. I think it's the only discipline that really answers the basic questions without ever stopping to say, "This works like this and I don't know exactly why."
You can book an appointment from your personal page of the Teaching Portal, 'My academic progress - la mia didattica' tab, 'My bookings - Le mie prenotazioni' portlet.
Service available for all inquiries on the dedicated page.