What will you learn?
The curriculum is unique and organized in interconnected subject areas:
During the first and second year you will be trained in the basic scientific and engineering subjects needed to understand the physical world and to simulate the events, processes and actions that take place on our planet.
The second and third year are dedicated to the study of specific scientific and engineering subjects relating to the wide field of environmental and land engineering, which are necessary to enter the job market or to continue your studies in order to deal with specialized issues in all areas of environmental and land engineering domain.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to select some elective courses, in order to complete and deepen your expertise on emerging issues related to environmental engineering.
At the end of the programme, you will face a final exam based on a work produced in an autonomous way.
How will you learn it?
The degree’s programme is Italian-taught, the first year is also English-taught.
You will learn through frontal lectures, classroom exercises and labs. You will take part in field trips and site visits that allow you to deepen from a practical point of view the contents acquired in the class. Visits include both field activities and visits to different industrial sites. You will also have the opportunity to join one of the student teams in order to strengthen your multidisciplinary and transversal skills: three of these are linked to issues related to environmental engineering.
You will also apply the knowledge acquired through guided exercises and simple projects, which require the use of the models and methodologies described in the lectures.
What you can do next
At the end of the programme you will have the chance to continue your studies with:
- Master’s degree programme in Environmental and Land Engineering
- Master’s Degree programme in Georesources and Geoenergy Engineering
Alternatively, you can enter the job market, in particular:
- in the industry sector, where you can work on process sustainability, compliance with environmental, safety and quality regulations, management of waste and water treatment plants.
- in the Public Administration, where you will be in charge of managing and monitoring production activities, and applying environmental directives
- in consultancy and design companies, where you will collaborate in the design of processes and interventions related to the remediation of polluted sites, waste and water treatment plants and environmental and mitigation measures for hydrogeological hazards.