What will you learn?
The programme is organized in two tracks: GeoEnergy and Sustainable mining. They offer a common background of competencies in quantitative geoscience, risk analysis, environmental aspects of industrial activities and resources sustainability, data science techniques for engineering problems. The possibility to choose 12 free choice credits (elective courses) ensures the flexibility of the programme.
At the end of the programme, you will work on a thesis project for the final examination.
How will you learn it?
The Master’s degree programme is English-taught.
You will take part in face-to-face lectures, complemented by Learning-by-Doing activities that include:
training with softwares that are commonly used in the industry, working on real data and case studies
lectures and laboratories with visiting professors and top level industry instructors working on multidisciplinary case studies and real industry datasets.
internships within companies
the chance to develop your final project with the industry
technical visits to industrial sites and laboratories
attendance to leading conferences in the geoeresources and geoenergy sectors (e.g. the Offshore Mediterranean Conference)
participation to student societies and student teams.
What you can do next
Our graduates successfully find a job:
- in multinational companies in the energy and mineral resources sector, in the fields of exploration, production and processing of raw materials and energy resources, in energy transition projects (decarbonisation, gas storage, CO2 capture);
- in service and consultancy companies in the fields of exploration, extraction technologies, plant management and safety, design, management and monitoring of gas storage activities, processing plants, environmental impact assessments of extraction and storage activities, decarbonisation techniques and technologies, and plant upgrading
- in public and private regulatory and certification bodies, in the field of reserves certification, policy and regulation definition, and
- in industrial and public bodies and research centres.
Our students get solid basis to continue with their studies, if interested, in third-level education programmes. In particular the education offer of Politecnico di Torino includes the following:
- PhD programme in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1st level specializing Master in Natural Resources Development and Storage
- 2nd level specializing Master in Natural Resources Development and Storage
- 2nd level specializing master’s programme in Tunnelling: design, construction and managament
- 2nd level specializing master’s programme in Climate Change: adaptation and mitigation solutions
- Executive Master in Ingegneria Mineraria applicata alle Cave di Pietre Ornamentali (in Italian)
For the entire third-level offer, please visit the links below.