China is increasingly significant in its contribution to the global development of Science and Technology through its innovation capacity and R&D investments, and, in the last decades, it has become a key partner of many Institutions in Europe and in the World for cooperation in Research and Higher Education.
In 2017, the Politecnico di Torino has decided to create a China Center to provide strategic thinking and dedicated management to the activities having China as the main partner Country.
In details, the China Center:
- promotes and facilitates the relation and the communication with Chinese Institutions, Administration and Companies, for activities based in Italy, in China or in other Countries;
- facilitates and coordinates the interaction with and between the Departments, the Interdepartmental Centers and the Administrative Areas of Politecnico to develop and manage cross-cutting activities and projects;
- provides planning and management support to the projects and the activities with the partners, including exchange and Double Degree programs and strategic partnerships;
and pursues the aim of:
- developing PoliTO’s positioning in China while promoting the interests of Italy and Torino region;
- strengthening PoliTO’s competitiveness in China in the fields of training, research and consultancy in the Academic, Institutional, and Industrial sectors;
- creating a permanent set of skills related to China in PoliTo;
- nurturing a generation of scholars and professionals and increase their familiarity with the Chinese University system and market.
The China Center is supported by external partners when specific competencies are required, such as in the political or economic domain.