TTPU – Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent is an Uzbek university founded in 2009 from the collaboration among Politecnico di Torino, UZAVTOSANOAT (the leading automotive group in Uzbekistan), General Motors (GM) and the Uzbek Ministry of Higher Education.
The project seeks to train qualified engineers in Uzbekistan with the same standards of Politecnico di Torino in Italy, to create a world-level education and research institution and to support Uzbekistan’s industrial development through the creation of entrepreneurial capabilities and of facilities for industrial innovation.
TTPU, an institution independent from Politecnico di Torino, currently has 1.500 students and is a renowned science, technology and engineering university in Uzbekistan.
TTPU offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes based on PoliTO academic programmes. Courses are taught in a “mixed”mode, with a part of the credits delivered by PoliTO faculty members, while others are taught by TTPU faculty members previously trained by PoliTO. Politecnico di Torino confers its own Bachelor’s and Master’s degree to TTPU students on the basis of double degree agreements.
The following courses are currently being offered at TTPU:
- Bachelor's degree programme in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor's degree programme in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor's degree programme in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor's degree programme in Automotive Engineering
- Master's degree programme in Automotive Engineering
- Professionalizing BSc in Industrial Manufacturing Technologies
The challenges of the cooperation between PoliTO and TTPU include the development of research and technology transfer activities, the creation of research laboratories in several fields at TTPU and the engagement of European companies and start-ups. PoliTO collaborates in training TTPU’s researchers in the frame of an agreement at the doctorate level.
TTPU Campus in Tashkent includes:
- The Techno Park, a Company Incubator with more than 25 projects for the Country's technologicaldevelopment and innovation, which stimulates the involvement of Italian companies and institutions.
- A Lab for Surveys of the built environment and Geomatics.
- The Juventus Academy, football school created in 2019.