MOREandLESS - MDO and REgulations for Low-boom and Environmentally Sustainable Supersonic Aviation
Tipo di progetto:
Codice identificativo progetto:
MORE&LESS addresses the challenge of contributing to help Europe shape, together with the international community, high environmental standards in line with ICAO Assembly Resolution A39-1, by a thorough and holistic analysis of the environmental impact of supersonic aviation. MORE&LESS aims at maintaining a high level of citizens' and environmental protection at local, regional and global levels, and supports the consequent establishment of regulations and procedures for the future supersonic aviation through solid technical bases. The scientific findings in the fields of aerodynamics, jet-noise, sonic-boom, propulsion, pollutant emissions and environmental impact are in fact transposed into guidelines for the Regulatory Community. Through low and high-fidelity modelling activities and test campaigns, already accepted and validated software tools are enhanced and extended to cover supersonic aviation, to be eventually integrated into the multidisciplinary holistic framework. The application of this framework to the case-studies is the proving ground to verify that the enabling technologies of supersonic aircraft, trajectories and operations comply with the environmental requirements. The case-studies cover the entire spectrum of supersonic speed regime and include the most promising aircraft configurations, propulsive technologies and alternative fuels, such as bio-fuels and liquid hydrogen. MORE&LESS fosters international cooperation, thus paving the way towards the definition of global and internationally agreed regulations, while contributing to maintain world-class knowledge and skills in Europe in the field of supersonic aviation. MORE&LESS targets the engagement of new generations of students, scientists and engineers to inspire and challenge them to build and manage the environmentally sustainable supersonic aviation of the future.
- Nicole Viola. (Responsabile Scientifico)
- Boom Technololgy
- C.I.R.A. CENTRO ITALIANO RICERCHE AEROSPAZIALI SCPA
- CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE (CNRS)
- DLR - DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUR LUFT-UND RAUMFAHRT E.V.
- ECATS INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION AISBL
- ENVISA SAS
- FUNDACION DE LA INGENIERIA CIVIL DE GALICIA
- INSTITUT FRANCO-ALLEMAND DE RECHERCHES DE SAINT LOUIS
- INSTITUT VON KARMAN DE DYNAMIQUE DES FLUIDES
- INSTITUTUL NATIONAL DE CERCETARE-DEZVOLTARE AEROSPATIALA "ELIE CARAFOLI"- INCAS BUCURESTI
- LUNDS UNIVERSITET
- POLITECNICO DI TORINO - Coordinatore
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT HAMBURG-HARBURG
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITEIT DELFT (TUD)
- THE BOEING COMPANY CORPORATION
Obiettivi di Sviluppo Sostenibile (Sustainable Development Goals)
|Costo totale progetto:||€ 4.999.996,25|
|Contributo totale progetto:||€ 4.999.996,25|
|Costo totale PoliTo:||€ 261.337,50|
|Contributo PoliTo:||€ 261.337,50|
Attività di comunicazione
Link Sito Progetto.
Articolo Poliflash del 30/06/2021.
Comunicato Stampa del 30/06/2021.