SEA-SEAMLESS CONTENT DELIVERY
Project identification number:
In the forthcoming age, where everyone may be content producer, mediator and consumer, SEA aims to offer a new experience of personalised, seamless content delivery, maintaining the integrity and wherever applicable, enriching the perceived QoS (PQoS) of the media across the whole distribution chain. SEA is a project focused on seamless, personalised, trusted and PQoS-optimised multimedia content delivery, across broadband networks, varying from broadcasting to P2P topologies.
SEA motivation is to implement a context-aware networking delivery platform, by focusing on four key principles:
- Multi-layered/-viewed content coding, considering the evolving H.264 SVC/MVC and their emerging successors, as the major foreseen delivery technologies over heterogeneous networks/terminals and large audiences.
- Multi-source/-network content streaming offering on-the fly content adaptation, increased scalability and enriched PQoS by dynamically combining content layers or representations of the same resource, transmitted from multiple sources and/or received over multiple networks.
- Cross-network/-layer optimisation. The network/terminal heterogeneity, also engaging P2P overlays and serving different quality and views will require cross-layer optimization, traffic adaptation and optimal use of the available network/terminal resources.
- Content Protection. A hybrid solution for personalised content protection by means of a combination of streaming encryption, content protection and rights management for new media, covering not only the legacy content creation chain, but also the private multimedia content.
SEA will test/validate the developed technologies over three interconnected tedbeds: a) a real-time emulated lab, b) a world-wide extended P2P testbed (PlanetLab) and c) a real 2G\/3G/4G/WLAN mobile trial.
SEA will eventually provide citizens with the means to offer personalized A/V user-centric services, improving their quality of life, entertainment and safety.
- Gabriella Olmo. (Responsabile Scientifico)
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FORDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V.
- NOMOR RESEARCH GMBH
- PHILIPS ELECTRONICS
- SYNELIXIS SOLUTIONS LTD
- THOMSON GRASS VALLEY FRANCE
- UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
- VODAFONE - PANAFON ANONYMI ELLINIKI ETAIREA TILEPIKOINONOIN
- STMICROELECTRONICS S.R.L.