What will you learn?
This degree programme is unique within Italy and Europe as it provides the opportunity to study in depth all the disciplines connected with the world of cinema and digital communication systems. The contents of the programme include media methodologies and techniques, tools for strategic analysis of technological, social and economic processes that are necessary for media product design and positioning.
During this two-year programme you will gain specific and necessary IT competencies such as multimedia environments and technologies and virtual reality, combined with skills in the field of cinema, media and new media (design, production, post-production, communication and assessment of multimedia, audio-visual and cross media projects, digital entertainment and online communication).
Knowledge in different technological areas (special effects, sound engineering, immersive cinema) will complete your background.
You will also have the opportunity to select the Eurecom specialist track:
How will you learn it?
The Master’s degree programme is Italian-taught.
You will take part in face-to-face lectures, classroom practicals, computer and creative laboratories. But above all, you will work on group projects that will help you build your own portfolio for future job opportunities.
You will be able do an internship in a research lab at Politecnico or at a private company that may be interested in your thesis project.
What you can do next
Your career as a Cinema and Media Engineer begins here. You will be able to find a job in a variety of career fields:
- in the field of technology, communication, business, marketing and advertising of film and media products;
- in large media industries that operate in the field of audio-visual production (advertising, broadcasting, web);
- in small and medium enterprises that work in the field of graphics and visual effects (VFX) using digital media as tools for innovation and dynamism;
- in the field of corporate communication and marketing;
- in cultural and public local organizations.