Politecnico around the world
The internationalization strategy of Politecnico di Torino provides for a prominent role for our university also beyond national borders. In particular, over the last 10 years, POLITO has invested in the creation of new campuses, hubs and labs abroad with the following goals:
- encouraging cooperation between the university and the private sector by developing Research and Technology Transfer activities in strategic fields;
- attracting foreign investments;
- reinforcing the relations with local businesses and institutions;
- fostering the development of joint academic programmes and research projects in specific disciplines;
- boosting mobility opportunities for students, researchers and faculty members.
Politecnico di Torino has a significant presence abroad in the framework of the following initiatives:
- in Uzbekistan with the Campus Uzbekistan - Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent (TTPU);
- in China with the Politong Sino-Italian Campus at Tongji University in Shanghai.
In cooperation with its partner universities, Politecnico has established some Competence Centres for the development of joint activities, especially in the field of Research and Technology Transfer: