Starting from the academic year 2022/2023, after the approval of Law no. 33 of 12/04/2022 and following Ministerial Decrees (Decree no. 930 of 29/07/2022 and Decree no. 933 of 2/08/2022), as a general rule, students are allowed to be simultaneously enrolled in two higher education courses at two different universities and institutions for higher education in art, music and dance (AFAM), both in Italy and abroad. In particular, students are allowed to simultaneously enrol in:
- two Bachelor’s degree programmes (corso di laurea triennale) provided that they do not belong to the same degree class and they have different curricula for at least two thirds of the activities;
- two Master’s degree programmes (corso di laurea magistrale) provided that they do not belong to the same degree class and they have different curricula for at least two thirds of the activities;
- a Bachelor’s degree programme + a Master’s degree programme;
- a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programme + a Specializing Master’s programme (Master);
- a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programme + a Ph.D. programme (dottorato);
- a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programme + a non-medical Graduate School (scuola di specializzazione)
- two Specializing Master’s programmes provided that it is not the same programme offered by two different universities;
- a Specializing Master’s programme + a Graduate School (medical or non-medical)
- a Ph.D. programme + a Graduate School (medical or non-medical)Simultaneous enrolment in a Ph.D. programme and in a Medical Graduate School is regulated by art. 7 of DM 226/2021.
Students must have the educational qualifications required for admission and enrolment in the above-mentioned programmes in accordance with national law and the regulations of each University. Simultaneous enrolment is not permitted when full attendance of one of the two programmes is compulsory (except for courses with mandatory attendance of laboratory activities and traineeships only)
Simultaneous enrolment is also permitted in:
- two courses leading to a 1st or 2nd level academic diploma (corsi di diploma accademico di primo o di secondo livello) or in two Specialization courses (corsi di perfezionamento) or in two Specializing Master’s programmes provided that they have different curricula for at least two-thirds of the activities;
- a course leading to an academic diploma + a Specialization course/Specializing Master’s programme/Ph.D. programme/Graduate School, or in a Ph.D. programme/ Specialization course /Specializing Master’s programme + Graduate School
- any academic programme + a course offered by institutions for higher education in art, music and dance (AFAM)
Simultaneous enrolment in two programmes capped to limited number of admissions will be regulated by a specific Ministerial Decree, in compliance with Law no. 33 of 12/04/2022.
Scholarships and tuition fees exemptions
Students can receive financial aid (benefits offered by Diritto allo studio) for one study course only at national level. A student enrolled in a course of study (in year 2 or beyond) cannot apply for financial aid for the second programme he/she enrols in. Students can be exempted (fully or partially) from paying the tuition fees of both university programmes provided that they meet the requirements illustrated in the Tuition Fee Guide.
How to enrol in two study courses
We are currently waiting for further technical details. News and updates will be published in this chapter as soon as they become available.
For further information contact us through the ticketing service.